Manchester United will be aiming to end a three-match losing streak when they face Burnley on the road in tonight’s Premier League clash.
The club have experienced a difficult start to the campaign and they suffered their fourth defeat in five games in midweek against Bayern Munich.
Manager Erik ten Hag will be eyeing a strong response against the Clarets, and he could be boosted by the return of several key players tonight.
The Dutchman has hinted that Harry Maguire, Raphael Varane, Sofyan Amrabat and Mason Mount could be available to face Vincent Kompany’s side.
Andre Onana has had a tough start to his United career, conceding 14 goals from his first six games. He made an error in the 4-3 loss at Bayern on Wednesday night. The Cameroonian goalkeeper was quick to apologise in the post-match interview and will be keen to redeem himself.
In front of him, there could be a solitary change in defence. Varane could return to partner Lisandro Martinez in the heart of the backline after a week in team training. Victor Lindelof will drop to the bench.
Diogo Dalot and Sergio Reguilon are expected to start in the right and left-back roles at Turf Moor. The manager has no choices with Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia out injured.
Casemiro scored two consolation goals against Bayern in the Champions League group stage, but he had a tough time defensively with Christian Eriksen failing to provide sufficient cover in midfield.
In our view, Ten Hag could be tempted to pair him with Amrabat after his return to full training. The Moroccan could be in line to make his club debut from the starting line-up against the Clarets.
Further forward, we expect one more change. Facundo Pellistri was decent in his first Champions League appearance, but Ten Hag may go with the experienced Mount over him in the starting XI.
Mount has been working with his teammates for the past week after his hamstring injury. He could start on the right wing with his versatility. The rest of the attack could stay unchanged from midweek.
Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes are nailed-on starters from the left wing and number 10 roles while Rasmus Hojlund is expected to lead the line for the third-game running.
The Dane got off the mark for United with his maiden goal on Wednesday. He has the opportunity to score his first Premier League goal against the worst defence in the division.
How Man Utd could lineup vs Burnley
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions