Manchester United travel to the Vitality Stadium for this afternoon’s Premier League clash against Bournemouth.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways last weekend with a 2-0 triumph over Wolverhampton Wanderers at Old Trafford.
Erik ten Hag will expect another victory over the Cherries today as United aim to secure Champions League qualification.
The club need a maximum of six points from their remaining three league games to finish in the top four this campaign.
David de Gea kept his 16th clean sheet of the top-flight season against Wolves. The Spaniard has now won the Golden Boot award and will be eyeing another shut-out today.
In front of him, it could be the same back four. Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been United’s preferred right-back over Diogo Dalot in recent months. Ten Hag should continue with the 25-year-old.
Raphael Varane was substituted as a pre-caution against Wolves. The manager has confirmed that he is fully fit to play. He is expected to partner Victor Lindelof in central defence.
Luke Shaw was reinstated at left-back against Wolves with Varane’s return from injury. The England international is set to keep his spot ahead of Tyrell Malacia once more.
Casemiro and Christian Eriksen have been Ten Hag’s preferred picks in the centre of the park. The Dutch tactician is unlikely to make any changes to the midfield partnership.
Bruno Fernandes should be a nailed-on starter in the number 10 role. The Portuguese created two big chances and provided six key passes in the recent victory over Wolves.
Antony looked lively last weekend and capped his performance with an assist for the opening goal. The Brazilian was denied a goal by a fabulous save from Daniel Bentley.
He is expected to start on the right wing and we anticipate Garnacho to get the nod on the opposite flank. The youngster made his injury comeback with a superb cameo.
Garnacho put the game to bed against Wolves with the second goal in stoppage time and he should be rewarded with a starting spot ahead of Jadon Sancho this afternoon.
Marcus Rashford has been United’s regular on the left wing this term but the United graduate is currently ill and may not be fit to make the starting line-up against the Cherries.
Up front, Anthony Martial looks set to lead the line. The Frenchman returned to scoring ways with the opening goal against Wolves and should start ahead of Wout Weghorst.
How Man Utd could line up against Bournemouth
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns