Manchester United are scheduled to face Aston Villa in today’s friendly at the Optus Stadium in Perth, Australia.
The Red Devils have been superb during their pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia with a 100 per cent record over three games.
Manager Erik ten Hag will want to finish the tour on a high note with another victory. He looks on course to name a strong XI once again.
There could be at least one change to the line-up with Scott McTominay having missed Thursday’s full session to do gym work in the hotel.
David de Gea was back in goal against Crystal Palace after missing out on the Melbourne Victory friendly with a minor knock. The Spaniard is expected to start between the sticks.
No changes are likely in the backline. Diogo Dalot and Tyrell Malacia were simply brilliant against Palace. Dalot delivered a superb left-footed assist for Antony Martial. The chance was created by Malacia’s key pass.
Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire look set to start at the heart of the defence. Raphael Varane was back in full training, but Lindelof and Maguire were involved in the warm-up drill with 11 players on Thursday.
In the centre of the park, there should be a solitary change with McTominay set to miss out. He was stepping up his recovery in the hotel, having sustained a possible knock against Palace.
Ten Hag has the opportunity to field the impressive Zidane Iqbal alongside Fred, but judging by Thursday’s session, it is quite clear that Donny van de Beek will be lining up with the Brazilian.
Further forward, it should be a straightforward pick. Ten Hag is expected to stick with the front four of Marcus Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Jadon Sancho and Anthony Martial. No changes are due.
Martial has had a tremendous upturn in his career under Ten Hag. The Frenchman has scored in each of the club’s three friendlies and looks set to lead the line against Brighton & Hove Albion on August 7.
How Man Utd could line up against Aston Villa
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest