Manchester United will be eyeing back-to-back wins in the Premier League when they face Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium this afternoon.
The Red Devils conceded two goals within the fourth minute against Nottingham Forest last weekend, but made a terrific comeback to secure a 3-2 victory.
Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes were the pick of the players, but manager Erik ten Hag will want a better defensive showing in north London today.
United have not won a league game at the Emirates since the memorable 3-1 win in December 2017 where David de Gea made a stunning 14 saves.
They have the opportunity to end the winless streak at the stadium.
Andre Onana has produced a mixed bag of performances since his United debut against Wolverhampton Wanderers last month. He has one clean sheet and will be aiming for another shut-out versus Mikel Arteta’s side.
In defence, there could be two changes from the 3-2 win last weekend. Diogo Dalot played as the makeshift left-back against Forest after both Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia were injured.
He could be replaced by Sergio Reguilon, who joined on loan from Tottenham Hotspur. The left-back has already trained with the group, and could make his debut from the starting line-up.
Lisandro Martinez will have a new central defensive partner with Raphael Varane injured for a few weeks. Victor Lindelof is the natural replacement for the Frenchman in the heart of the backline.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka looks set to continue in the right-back role ahead of Dalot. The 25-year-old is a better fit with his one-on-one defending skills, which could come in handy today.
In midfield, no changes are expected from last weekend. Sofyan Amrabat signed on deadline day, but he was not registered in time for the trip to the English capital to face Arsenal.
Casemiro is expected to start from the defensive midfield role with Christian Eriksen in the number eight spot. Bruno Fernandes will operate from his regular attacking midfield position.
The trio will have control possession against the Gunners to secure a positive result. Scott McTominay is an option ahead of Eriksen, but has apparently not travelled with the squad.
Further forward, Antony and Marcus Rashford are nailed-on starters on the right and left wing respectively, and we could see a debut for Rasmus Hojlund up front today.
Anthony Martial was ineffective against Forest and was hauled off after the hour mark. Hojlund has trained for a week after his back issue and should play at least 60 minutes.
The 20-year-old comes with a big reputation after being compared with Erling Braut Haaland, and he has the opportunity to make a mark on his club debut against Arsenal.
How Man Utd could line up against Arsenal
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action