Ares Management Corporation – one of the groups keen on acquiring minority stakes in Manchester United – have now entered into talks with Chelsea and are willing to offer investment, according to the Telegraph.
The United States-based investment firm were linked with an interest in the Red Devils back in April alongside Elliot Investment Management, Sixth Street Partners and The Carlyle Group.
However, they are moving on as the Glazers have offered no update on their plans to accept a full or partial buyout of Man United.
The Glazers put Man United up for sale last November, and Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad al Thani and Sir Jim Ratcliffe have been looking to complete a takeover.
The club owners are also open to securing investment which would see them remain in charge as they believe the club’s value could double over the next decade.
Selling part of their stake to a minority shareholder would help provide the funding needed to oversee major changes, with the Carrington training ground and the Old Trafford stadium needing major upgrades.
However, one of those potential investors is looking elsewhere after the Glazers kept quiet in recent months.
Ares recently confirmed that an extra £58.8 million had been put into David Beckham’s Inter Miami CF following the arrival of Lionel Messi.
They raised £3.2 billion last year to invest in sports, media and entertainment, more than twice what they initially targeted and were interested in investing in Man United.
Ares also have stakes in Atletico Madrid and Eagle Football Holdings, a multi-club owner that backs Crystal Palace and Olympique Lyonnais.
Chelsea are open to receiving a capital injection from interested investors, but there are no guarantees they will do business with Ares.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action