Manchester United host Sevilla in the second leg of our Champions League second round tie later today.
The good news for us is that Paul Pogba has been included in the squad to take on the Spanish La Liga outfit having missed Saturday’s 2-1 win over Liverpool after picking up a leg injury in training on Friday.
Jose Mourinho had said at yesterday’s press conference that he was unsure whether the French star would be available.
However, the Manchester Evening News have confirmed they spotted Paul Pogba as part of the squad at the Lowry Hotel on Monday night.
Mourinho confirmed further good news yesterday in that Anthony Martial is available for selection this evening after missing our victories over both Crystal Palace and Liverpool. Whether the French international will go straight back into the starting lineup remains to be seen following Marcus Rashford’s brace over the weekend.
Despite Zlatan Ibrahimovic returning to first team training a few weeks ago the Swedish striker has not been included. However, Romelu Lukaku is almost certain to be our sole striker against Sevilla, with Rashford, Martial and Alexis Sanchez alternative options. Ibrahimovic has not been included in a matchday squad since picking up his injury on Boxing Day against Burnley.
Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Daley Blind and Ander Herrera are our other absentees as was confirmed by the boss yesterday.
36-year-old Michael Carrick is also part of the squad for this evening’s crucial tie, days after confirming he will be retiring when his contract expires at the end of the current campaign.
The Manchester United squad for this evening’s second leg is as follows:
Goalkeepers: David de Gea, Joel Pereira, Sergio Romero
Defenders: Eric Bailly, Matteo Darmian, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young
Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Marouane Fellaini, Jesse Lingard, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, Paul Pogba, Scott McTominay
Forwards: Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Alexis Sanchez
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash