Manchester United crashed out of the Champions League this evening with a 2-1 loss at home to Spanish La Liga outfit Sevilla.
We were poor from start to finish and the away side’s second goal summed up the evening in what is one of the lowest points in our European history and Jose Mourinho’s career.
Substitute Wissam Ben Yedder scored twice in the final 20 minutes before Romelu Lukaku smashed home a close range consolation.
Here are how our players fared:
David de Gea 5 – Wasn’t given a chance with Sevilla’s opener but was poorly positioned for the second that ultimately killed the tie. Denied Wissam Ben Yedder a hat-trick in stoppage time.
Antonio Valencia 6 – Adequately dealt with Joaquin Correa but didn’t offer much going forward.
Eric Bailly 7 – Made a couple of important tackles and interceptions, notably preventing Correa a one-on-one at the start of the second half. Produced some sloppy passes though, one which led to a good chance for the Spanish side in the opening 15 minutes.
Chris Smalling 5 – Sloppy in possession and the defence was all over the place in the final 20 minutes which helped Sevilla along their way.
Ashley Young 5 – Didn’t do anything in possession nor offer anything going forward. Sevilla created lots of chances against us.
Marouane Fellaini 6 – Broke things up in the first half to help start attacks but looked tired before half-time before being substituted on the hour at 0-0.
Marcus Rashford 6 – Gave his all but lacked quality in the final third. Failed to find the target with any of his four efforts, overhit numerous crosses in open play and set pieces. His burst of pace did offer a threat to the Sevilla defence without any final product this evening.
Jesse Lingard 5 – Made some tidy passes, offered a burst of pace but offered no substance in the final third.
Alexis Sanchez 5 – A quiet game from the Chilean star who is really struggling at Manchester United. Alexis Sanchez went missing as he offered no threat in the final third.
Romelu Lukaku 6 – Scored a late consolation with his only effort on target from five attempts. Romelu Lukaku won his aerial battles but his first touch was below par tonight.
Paul Pogba (31 mins) 5 – Sloppy game from the substitute who conceded possession too often and offered no thrust to the attack.
Juan Mata (14 mins) N/A – Jose Mourinho made a late double substitution at 0-1 and we ended up conceding a second shortly after.
Anthony Martial (14 mins) N/A – Few touches from the French forward who we could have done with coming on early in the second half.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December