Manchester United dropped two more points today as we were held 0-0 at home by a battling Crystal Palace side.
The Eagles are now winless in eight games but created the better chances of the two teams at Old Trafford this afternoon.
Here are how our players fared:
David de Gea 6 – Crystal Palace got in some good positions but often failed to test David de Gea. Patrick van Aanholt and Andros Townsend notably failing to hit the target in good positions. Only our second clean sheet of the season.
Matteo Darmian 7 – Did well defensively but offered nothing going forward.
Chris Smalling 6 – The visitors had good success against Chris Smalling who himself missed a very good headed opportunity in the first half.
Victor Lindelof 7 – Crystal Palace had a couple of good chances but Victor Lindelof had a decent game. The Swede was very good in possession, playing the ball forward more often than sideways or backwards.
Ashley Young 6 – Poor defensively but put a few good crosses into the box and worked well with Anthony Martial down the left.
Nemanja Matic 5 – Luka Milivojevic found a lot of space in our half and in possession. Wasted possession a fair few times himself.
Paul Pogba 6 – Expected more from the French international against Crystal Palace. Was involved in a few of our good attacks before eventually being replaced by Alexis Sanchez.
Jesse Lingard 6 – Looked good at times but wasted a good opportunity. Replaced on the hour.
Juan Mata 5 – A sloppy game from the Spaniard down the right wing, creating very little and misplacing a number of passes before being taken off on the hour.
Romelu Lukaku 4 – Some poor first touches early on upon his return to the starting lineup and saw very few touches all game, and only tested Wayne Hennessey once, which came in the final 10 minutes.
Anthony Martial 6 – Looked to offer threat but the Crystal Palace defence was very stern and disciplined this afternoon.
Marcus Rashford (32 mins) N/A – Looked lively but ultimately didn’t get an opportunity to win us the game.
Marouane Fellaini (32 mins) N/A – Miscontrolled the ball on more than one occasions and when he did have the ball at his feet he often gave it away.
Alexis Sanchez (24 mins) N/A – Hardworking display but ultimately created little and didn’t test the goalkeeper himself.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations