Manchester United have today confirmed the signing of Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk.
The 25-year-old joins as us a direct replacement for the retired Michael Carrick.
Fred is coming off an excellent season in the Ukrainian Premier League where is also performed admirably in the Champions League, gaining interest from Manchester City.
The Brazilian international helped Shakhtar reach the second round of Europe’s elite club competition as they finished above Italian Serie A runners-up Napoli in their group.
BBC Sport are reporting that the deal is worth £47 million for the player who is currently in Russia with the Brazil national team for the 2018 World Cup.
Fred is the second player to be signed for us this summer following the arrival from 19-year-old full-back Diogo Dalot from FC Porto earlier this month.
Presumably these photos were taken during Brazil’s pre-tournament stay in England where they faced Croatia in a friendly at Anfield at the start of the month. Manchester United have published the following photos of Fred in his new shirt just moments ago:
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane