Zlatan Ibrahimovic was Manchester United’s second signing of the summer transfer window and he moved to Manchester in the last few days.
The 34-year-old took part in his first training session since joining the Red Devils. Jose Mourinho’s side played Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium and Borussia Dortmund in China in the pre-season.
Their clash against Manchester City was cancelled due to bad weather and United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward expressed disappointment after the fixture was cancelled.
Ibrahimovic was not a part of any of these matches as Mourinho handed him an extended break following his participation in the Euro 2016 with Sweden, which was his final appearance for the national side as he announced retirement from international football.
United will take on Turkish giants Galatasaray in the upcoming pre-season fixture in Sweden on Saturday. The former Juventus and Barcelona striker could feature for the first time in the Red Devils’ shirt in his homeland. The pictures from Ibrahimovic’s first training session is shown below.
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Brentford
- Ralf Rangnick provides injury update on three Man Utd stars