Manchester United summer signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic has arrived in Manchester as he was spotted leaving his hotel on Tuesday, according to the Manchester Evening News.
The 34-year-old was Jose Mourinho’s second signing of the current transfer window, following the arrival of defender Eric Bailly. He retired from international football after Sweden crashed out of the group stages of the Euro 2016.
The former Juventus and Barcelona striker joined the Red Devils as a free agent after his contract at Paris Saint-Germain expired at the end of the last season. United faced Wigan Athletic in the first pre-season fixture at the DW Stadium.
Mourinho’s side, then travelled to China, where they were set to face Borussia Dortmund and Manchester City. The clash against the Bundesliga outfit saw United suffer a 4-1 defeat, while the derby against Pep Guardiola’s City was cancelled due to bad weather in Beijing.
Ibrahimovic, who was officially unveiled as a United player earlier this month was not a part of the squad. He is in Manchester and will join the training with his new teammates for the first time as they prepare for the upcoming friendly fixture against Galatasaray in Gothenburg, Sweden on Saturday.
United’s new star could be in line to make his first appearance for the Premier League giants in his homeland.
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Brentford
- Ralf Rangnick provides injury update on three Man Utd stars