Phil Jones has taken to social media platform X to announce that he is studying to become a sports director.
The 31-year-old is also doing his coaching badges with Manchester United after he was released by the club in the summer.
It is safe to say Jones has hung up the boots as it appears he is dedicating himself to pursuing other careers off the pitch.
Jones joined the Red Devils from Blackburn Rovers in 2011, winning two Community Shields, one Premier League title, an FA Cup and one Europa League and making 229 appearances across all competitions.
Injuries limited his game time from 2019 and he was on the treatment table from January 2020 until September 2021 before briefly returning to action last term.
However, Jones suffered a relapse afterwards and appears to have called time on his playing career after several injury woes.
Man United had the option to extend his deal for another season but have opted against it and have now given him an opportunity to learn about management and coaching within their youth ranks.
Jones will look to make a success out of his new endeavours, and the Red Devils could offer him an opportunity to work with them going forward.
He was known for putting his body on the line as a player and will readily put in his best as he looks to forge new career paths.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling