Phil Jones has reacted on Twitter after Manchester United announced he will leave the club when the season ends.
The English defender joined the Red Devils from Blackburn Rovers in 2011, featuring in 41 games in his debut season and winning the Community Shield.
Jones made 24 appearances the following season, winning the Premier League title.
The 31-year-old has won another Community Shield, an FA Cup and Europa League since then, making 229 appearances.
Injuries have limited Jones to 13 games since 2019, with his last appearance coming last term.
The Man United star has not featured this term and was excluded from the official first-team squads.
Jones is yet to complete a training session this term despite spending his holidays doing physical work to get in the best shape possible for pre-season.
A relapse of a long-standing knee issue on the first day of training scuppered his fitness journey.
It caused him serious distress, and he has struggled to get fit since.
Jones underwent a surgical procedure three years ago and has seen several specialists to combat the recurring issues.
The Englishman was on the injury sidelines from January 2020 until September 2021 before returning to action last term.
Man United had the option to extend his deal for another 12 months but have opted against it.
An emotional Jones has sent a message to the fans, dubbing his time at the club ‘nothing short of incredible’.
He will take his time before deciding his next move, and he will go down in history as a Man United hero.
He played with passion and zeal and could have attained legendary status if not for his injury woes.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’