Manchester United have identified Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Pedro Neto as a potential target for the summer transfer window, according to Daily Mail.
The Red Devils are likely to invest big at the end of the season and it is claimed that a new right winger could be targeted to compete with Alejandro Garnacho.
Garnacho has been an assured starter on the right wing over the past few weeks and he has made the most of his opportunities with several goal contributions.
Despite this, manager Erik ten Hag wants a strong competitor, suppose something happens to Garnacho.
Antony has failed to meet the requirements since his move from Ajax in 2022 while Jadon Sancho and Mason Greenwood are out-of-favour and away on loan.
Daily Mail claim that Neto has come in conversations at United. The winger has also been offered to the likes of Arsenal, Manchester City and Newcastle by his camp.
Neto would be a risky signing for Man Utd
The Portuguese is enjoying the best phase of his Wolves career. He has registered three goals and 10 assists from just 18 appearances across all competitions this term.
Neto has been most successful from the right wing with seven goal involvements, but he has also impressed from the left wing, up front or in the number 10 position.
His versatility, pace and superb dribbling skills are bound to attract interest, but he would be a risky signing for United, considering his long injury record at Wolves.
The 22-year-old has already missed nine games this campaign with a hamstring injury. Overall, he has missed over 90 matches for Wolves with a couple of long-term setbacks.
United have had a similar experience with Anthony Martial over recent years, and this is a huge warning sign. It would be a big gamble to sign him for around £50 million.
The same can be said for Crystal Palace’s Michael Olise. He is also on United’s radar for the summer, but there are doubts over his ability to stay fit for longer periods.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow