Manchester United record signing Paul Pogba is a doubt to start against Newcastle United in 15 minutes’ time.
The French star has been named in the starting lineup for today’s game at St James’ Park but appeared to pull up in the warmup.
Sky Sports showed footage of the 24-year-old pulling up with what appeared to be a hamstring injury before limping over to have a chat with first team coach Rui Faria.
Moments later former journalist Adam Joseph confirmed that Pogba went down the tunnel at St James’ Park with a hamstring issue.
We have Michael Carrick, Scott McTominay and Juan Mata on the bench who could all come in for Pogba should the midfielder not be fit to start. Pogba had been due to start alongside Nemanja Matic in front of the back four in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Paul Pogba scored as we thrashed Newcastle 4-1 in the reverse fixture back in November. The French international has been excellent for us when fit this season, both starting attacks by driving forward with the ball, as well as scoring and creating chances.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December