Paris Saint-Germain are pressing hard to sign Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba on a free transfer, Tuttomercatoweb reports.
Pogba has less than five months remaining on his Red Devils deal, and there has been no progress over a contract extension beyond that period.
It looks likely that he could leave the club this summer. Les Parisiens are reportedly aiming to lure him ahead of their European rivals.
Sporting director Leonardo tried to bring Pogba to Parc des Princes last summer, but United’s €50 million (£42m) put Les Parisiens off.
They are now ‘pressing hard’ to secure his services on a Bosman deal and want to make him the new ‘cover man’ of the French nationality.
Kylian Mbappe has been the main national team figure in the squad, but he is probably going to Real Madrid when his contract expires in June.
Pogba’s future has been a regular topic of speculation in recent months, but he continues to be highly valued by the club’s hierarchy.
The Frenchman started the season on a high note with seven assists in just four appearances but could not sustain his promising form.
After a few games on the bench, he was sent off against rivals Liverpool before suffering a lengthy thigh injury in France training.
Pogba has recently returned to action with good displays. He bagged a crucial opening goal in the 1-1 league draw at Burnley.
United’s director of football John Murtough has asked Pogba to delay his future decision until a new manager is appointed this summer.
It remains to be seen whether the board can persuade him to ignore outside interest until then. Former club Juventus are also keen on landing him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Man Utd leading race to sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
- Man Utd willing to pay €50m for Villarreal defender Pau Torres
- Man Utd sell out season tickets for next season, but when will £200m+ renovation start?
- Harry Maguire makes England squad for Nations League games
- Man Utd handed blow in pursuit of Darwin Nunez
- Erik ten Hag gives his verdict on Harry Maguire’s Man Utd captaincy
- Man Utd to receive summer spending boost with £48m cleared off wage bill
- Erik ten Hag looking forward to Donny van de Beek reunion
- Bruno Fernandes produces dismal display at Crystal Palace
- David de Gea sends clear message to unhappy Man Utd stars