Paris Saint-Germain are now leading the race to sign Manchester United target Randal Kolo Muani this summer, according to Independent.
The Frenchman had a fabulous debut campaign with Eintracht Frankfurt last season, scoring 23 goals and providing 17 assists from 46 appearances.
His excellent progress has caught the eye of several European clubs including United and Bayern Munich, but PSG are now favourites to land him.
The French champions have successfully sold the idea that a return to his home nation will suit Muani better at the current phase of his career.
Frankfurt initially set a price tag of £100 million for the striker, but it is anticipated that a deal could be struck for £80m in the coming weeks.
United are unlikely to compete with PSG with their restricted budget, and are currently prioritising a deal for Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta BC.
Man Utd look set to miss out on Muani
Muani had an exceptional maiden season with Frankfurt with 40 goal contributions from 46 outings.
However, he was also influential in their build-up play. Last season, Muani registered 1.3 key passes per game with more than two successful take-ons.
The Frenchman was also exceptional with his hold-up play and ability to win back possession. The ex-Nantes man won a stunning 6.8 duels per game.
Looking at those statistics, the 24-year-old was a complete striker for Frankfurt last season. He would be perfect for United, but a deal seems improbable.
The club are currently working on a limited budget of £120m, but could increase it with player sales.
However, they don’t have the luxury of spending of £80m on a single player for now. They are eyeing a striker, a goalkeeper and possibly a second midfielder.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions