Paris Saint-Germain have made a contract offer to midfielder Paul Pogba with his Manchester United deal expiring this summer, Manchester Evening News reports.
The Frenchman is currently in his sixth campaign with the Red Devils, and it could be his last. There has been no progress over a new contract for several months.
Amidst this, he has been linked with some of Europe’s elite clubs. Pogba has the preference to rejoin Juventus this summer, but he is also open to the prospect of returning home with Paris Saint-Germain.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side have now made a formal contract offer to the World Cup winner. It is reported that the offer is lesser than United’s recent contract proposal for Pogba which went in vain.
Pogba has received a mixed opinion among United fans over the years. While he has produced several stand-out displays, he has not delivered with the same consistency as playing for France.
Despite this, the £49.5 million-rated star has been highly valued by different managers at United including interim boss Ralf Rangnick, who has played him regularly despite his contract stand-off.
With under three months left on his contract, Pogba remains undecided over his position, but it seems clear that his future could lie elsewhere with United yet to make any contact with agent Mino Raiola.
Raiola has been a problematic figure for United in recent years. He has attempted to lure Pogba away from the club with public comments. It seems unlikely that the board can make a breakthrough with him.
Nonetheless, United seem prepared for the situation for a while. They are already on the hunt for a midfield addition this summer. Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is reportedly one of the prime transfer targets.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Manchester United: Christian Eriksen’s masterclass helps Denmark beat France 2-0
- Manchester United news: Nemanja Matic fires back at Roy Keane and defends Harry Maguire
- Manchester United stars shine as Portugal stun Czech Republic 4-0 in the Nations League
- Manchester United star will miss Ukraine clash after picking up second booking in Scotland’s Nations League win
- Manchester United star defends his place in England team after Nations League defeat to Italy
- Ronald Koeman believes Manchester United need to give Ten Hag time to guide them to success
- Manchester United football director makes youth player promise
- Eriksen shines but will he stay fit through Man United’s busy October?
- Gakpo has been on a great run of form – have Man United missed out?
- Christian Eriksen named Manchester United’s Player of the Month for September