Paris Saint-Germain have made a contract offer to midfielder Paul Pogba with his Manchester United deal expiring this summer, Manchester Evening News reports.
The Frenchman is currently in his sixth campaign with the Red Devils, and it could be his last. There has been no progress over a new contract for several months.
Amidst this, he has been linked with some of Europe’s elite clubs. Pogba has the preference to rejoin Juventus this summer, but he is also open to the prospect of returning home with Paris Saint-Germain.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side have now made a formal contract offer to the World Cup winner. It is reported that the offer is lesser than United’s recent contract proposal for Pogba which went in vain.
Pogba has received a mixed opinion among United fans over the years. While he has produced several stand-out displays, he has not delivered with the same consistency as playing for France.
Despite this, the £49.5 million-rated star has been highly valued by different managers at United including interim boss Ralf Rangnick, who has played him regularly despite his contract stand-off.
With under three months left on his contract, Pogba remains undecided over his position, but it seems clear that his future could lie elsewhere with United yet to make any contact with agent Mino Raiola.
Raiola has been a problematic figure for United in recent years. He has attempted to lure Pogba away from the club with public comments. It seems unlikely that the board can make a breakthrough with him.
Nonetheless, United seem prepared for the situation for a while. They are already on the hunt for a midfield addition this summer. Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is reportedly one of the prime transfer targets.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd leading race to sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
- Man Utd willing to pay €50m for Villarreal defender Pau Torres
- Man Utd sell out season tickets for next season, but when will £200m+ renovation start?
- Harry Maguire makes England squad for Nations League games
- Man Utd handed blow in pursuit of Darwin Nunez
- Erik ten Hag gives his verdict on Harry Maguire’s Man Utd captaincy
- Man Utd to receive summer spending boost with £48m cleared off wage bill
- Erik ten Hag looking forward to Donny van de Beek reunion
- Bruno Fernandes produces dismal display at Crystal Palace
- David de Gea sends clear message to unhappy Man Utd stars