Paris Saint-Germain have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Benfica wonderkid Antonio Silva at the end of the campaign, according to O Jogo (page 7).
The 19-year-old is one of the best young centre-backs in world football at the moment and he is already on the radar of United, as per Portuguese outlet Record.
However, they are not the only club interested in his services. Real Madrid are also in the hunt and Les Parisiens have now joined the pursuit of the teenager.
The club’s football advisor Luis Campos has identified Silva as a strong candidate to put pressure on Marquinhos and Milan Skriniar for a starting position.
United need to be pro-active in Silva pursuit
The Red Devils were on the look out for a marquee centre-back last summer, but they failed to pursue one after Harry Maguire decided to continue at the club.
Maguire is likely to stay until the end of the season. The club may need to wait until next summer to purchase a replacement due to their tight Financial Fair Play situation.
Silva would be a fantastic signing for United. This season, he has completed a stunning 94 per cent of his passes in the Primeira Liga, winning 3.6 tackles per appearance.
The youngster has also made four clearances and has won a stunning 70 per cent of his duels. In our view, he has all the traits to become a world-class defender.
There are no surprises that he is already garnering interest. If United consider him as a top target, they should make contact with his super-agent Jorge Mendes.
Mendes has a good working relationship with United and it could help in their pursuit of the teenage sensation, who only made his first-team debut last year.
Silva currently has a release clause worth €120 million in his contract and United may have to meet that figure to prise him away ahead of their European rivals.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions