Manchester United paying around £55 million to sign Ajax attacker Antony this summer should be an absolute no-brainer.
Erik ten Hag desperately needs to bolster his attacking ranks at Manchester United this summer. Cristiano Ronaldo’s future is far from certain.
Meanwhile, the likes of Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial just haven’t delivered consistently.
Ajax star Antony is a summer transfer target for United, with the Dutch side demanding around £70m for the Brazilian starlet, according to a report from the Express.
Football journalist Sam Pilger, who writes for the likes of FourFourTwo and The Athletic, claims that the 22-year-old winger is actually edging closer to a move to United after Ajax drastically lowered their demands for him.
It has been suggested by Dutch journalist Marcel van der Kraan that the Eredivisie outfit could accept around €65m (£55m) for Antony.
And in our view, bringing the Ajax ace to Old Trafford for that kind of fee should be a complete and utter no-brainer for the Manchester United board and ten Hag.
Manchester United must sign Antony this summer
The Ajax winger is one of the most exciting young talents on the planet right now. Described as a ‘real deal young Ronaldo’ by Eurosport, Antony is a truly exceptional young player.
He bagged 12 goals and 10 assists in 33 games for Ajax last season. The previous campaign he chalked up 10 goals and 10 assists in 46 games. Those are impressive numbers for someone so young.
He can play on either wing, is exceptionally fast and possesses incredible technique. Antony’s play is quintessentially Brazilian in the sense that he plays with an abundance of flair and creativity and always tries to excite the crowd.
In this day and age, £55m is a more than fair price to pay for someone with Antony’s precocious talent. Even if Ajax wanted £65m, we think United’s owners should just pay them what they’re asking for.
The young Brazilian is at an age now where he should be ready to make the step up to the Premier League from the Eredivisie. We firmly believe that the only way is up for him. He will undoubtedly continue to get better and better as time goes on.
United signing Antony for around £55m this summer should be a decision made without hesitation. The young Ajax star is that good.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest