Manchester United could be on the verge of making a truly massive mistake by signing Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot.
Fabrizio Romano claims that United have agreed a fee with Juve for the 27-year-old but personal terms still need to be discussed.
Juventus could demand as much as £17 million for Rabiot (The Mirror) and whilst that seems like decent value for the 29-capped France international, we believe that signing him would be a huge mistake.
Erik ten Hag clearly wants to bring Frenkie de Jong to Old Trafford (SPORT). If that proves to be impossible, Lazio ace Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is one of the United manager’s key targets according to Corriere dello Sport (print edition August 8, page 16).
So it seems as though Rabiot is a signing by the Glazers, rather than a Ten Hag one. And if he does move to Old Trafford, it will be further evidence that there is absolutely zero strategy or direction when it comes to player recruitment at Old Trafford at the moment.
Manchester United would be making a huge mistake by signing Adrien Rabiot
The left-footed midfielder was a very exciting young talent in his day. As time has passed though, it is clear to see that he has numerous attitude problems that have prevented him from progressing to the levels that he really should have reached.
During his time with Paris Saint-Germain, the Ligue 1 outfit conducted an internal investigation into Rabiot’s conduct when a video of him in a nightclub emerged online hours after United beat them in the Champions League (The Guardian).
PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi suspended Rabiot and Sporting Director Antero Henrique said, as quoted via The Guardian:
“I find unacceptable the attitude and lack of professionalism of a player like Adrien Rabiot towards the club, his teammates and his supporters.”
His mother, Veronique, has often been embroiled in controversies involving her son.
He was also once exiled from the French national team by manager Didier Deschamps (Manchester Evening News). Does Ten Hag really need a player like the Frenchman in his dressing room at Old Trafford? Clearly not.
It is obvious that the Dutchman wouldn’t go anywhere near a player like Rabiot. This one will be on the Glazers. And in our opinion, United signing Rabiot would further highlight how the Americans are not fit to run this football club.
Ten Hag needs to sign real characters – proper men who can lift the dressing room if he is to extricate United from the mess that they’re currently in.
There are so many better options out there available for United. Following Romano’s latest claim though, it seems as if the Red Devils have settled on the Juventus midfielder. This really could end up being a huge mistake.
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break
- ‘He makes my game easier’ – Bruno Fernandes full of praise for Eriksen
- Diogo Dalot hoping for a new Man United contract with Europe’s elite clubs eyeing up transfer
- Manchester United midfielder gives verdict on Ronaldo’s performance after Portugal’s 1-0 defeat
- Ben Foster advises Jude Bellingham to join Manchester United
- Manchester United: Shaw and Ferdinand back Maguire after England horror show
- Cody Gakpo’s form could reignite interest from Manchester United in January