Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in signing talented Rennes attacking midfielder Lovro Majer.
That’s according to French publication Jeunes Footeux who claim the powers that be at United believe the 25-year-old has the potential to become one of the best in the world in his position.
Majer played in all seven of Croatia’s games at the World Cup out in Qatar, and he impressed on the world’s biggest stage. He was one of his country’s standout performers.
As a result, he may well have earned himself a move to the Premier League from Ligue 1.
Manchester United eyeing up Lovro Majer swoop
Since joining Rennes from Dinamo Zagreb in 2021, he has bagged an impressive eight goals and 12 assists in 59 games for the Ligue 1 outfit.
And his performances for Rennes and Croatia have caught the attention of United manager Erik ten Hag. It’s little wonder why. He is an incredibly gifted technician and has energy and stamina in abundance.
Majer is a very hard worker off the ball – a prerequisite for anyone who plays under Ten Hag. The attacking midfielder has proven for a few years now that he is more than capable of producing the goods consistently at the highest level.
The Croatian is ready to jump from Ligue 1 to the Premier League. And if United sign Majer in the January transfer window, it will be a very good piece of business from the club.
However, quite how much money Rennes will demand for the former Zagreb ace is unclear.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out
- Nottingham Forest eager to sign Dean Henderson permanently next summer