Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in signing talented Rennes attacking midfielder Lovro Majer.
That’s according to French publication Jeunes Footeux who claim the powers that be at United believe the 25-year-old has the potential to become one of the best in the world in his position.
Majer played in all seven of Croatia’s games at the World Cup out in Qatar, and he impressed on the world’s biggest stage. He was one of his country’s standout performers.
As a result, he may well have earned himself a move to the Premier League from Ligue 1.
Manchester United eyeing up Lovro Majer swoop
Since joining Rennes from Dinamo Zagreb in 2021, he has bagged an impressive eight goals and 12 assists in 59 games for the Ligue 1 outfit.
And his performances for Rennes and Croatia have caught the attention of United manager Erik ten Hag. It’s little wonder why. He is an incredibly gifted technician and has energy and stamina in abundance.
Majer is a very hard worker off the ball – a prerequisite for anyone who plays under Ten Hag. The attacking midfielder has proven for a few years now that he is more than capable of producing the goods consistently at the highest level.
The Croatian is ready to jump from Ligue 1 to the Premier League. And if United sign Majer in the January transfer window, it will be a very good piece of business from the club.
However, quite how much money Rennes will demand for the former Zagreb ace is unclear.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony