Title-chasing Manchester United suffered a shocking defeat at the hands of Sheffield United at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening.
The Red Devils came into this match hoping to secure full points to regain the top spot from Manchester City.
However, they were insipid for large periods of the game and were punished by the impressive Blades who scored two goals to inflict a shocking defeat.
The visitors struck the first blow in the 23rd minute through Kean Bryan who got his head to the brilliant inswinging corner from John Fleck.
Anthony Martial seemed to have restored parity for United but the French footballer’s goal was disallowed due to Harry Maguire’s foul on Aaron Ramsdale in the build-up.
However, the former Leicester City defender headed in the equaliser just past the hour mark to level the game.
Chris Wilder’s side responded through substitute Oliver Burke who smashed his first Premier League goal via a wicked deflection off Axel Tuanzebe.
The Red Devils desperately tried to get back in the game but the Blades stood firm and thwarted all their attempts to register a memorable victory at the Theatre of Dreams.
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final
- Man Utd studying right offer for Alessandro Bastoni
- Should Man Utd move for Chelsea target Josko Gvardiol?