Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hinted at four different formations Manchester United will use in the upcoming weeks.
United endured a 6-1 home thrashing against Tottenham Hotspur earlier last month. Ever since that humiliation, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been experimenting with his team a lot. He’s using different formations in the last couple of weeks.
And the results have been quiet blissful for the Red Devils. Wins against Newcastle, PSG, and RB Leipzig boosted United’s confidence.
In a goalless draw against Chelsea, United created more chances but couldn’t manage to score.
Speaking to the pre-match press conference ahead of the game against Arsenal, Solskjaer said:
“Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford are now back fit so we have more options and we have more options tactically. If we want to play a 4-3-3, a diamond [4-4-2], a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, I think we have more options than ever before.”
Summer signings Alex Telles, Edinson Cavani, and Donny Van de Beek provide a set of fresh options for Solskjaer to experiment.
Manchester United started their 2020-21 Premier League season in a tumultuous way, having won just two and lost two from five games into the campaign.
Fans will be hoping for a turnaround against Arsenal today.
- Man Utd get to know Ruben Neves price tag ahead of deadline
- Man Utd in the race to sign Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Kieran Trippier confirms Man Utd wanted to sign him last summer
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager