Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said that the club should receive a boost on the injury front with both Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford likely to return when the season resumes after the coronavirus shutdown.
Paul Pogba has missed a large part of the current campaign with multiple ankle problems and he has played no part for the club during the backend of the season following a surgery in January to solve the concern.
On the other hand, Marcus Rashford suffered a double stress fracture in his back in mid-January and Solskjaer has previously indicated that he may not return to first-team action until May.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Solskjaer has said that the duo should return to the mix when the campaign restarts and believes the club will be boosted with the pair now expected to play a bigger role.
“Paul and Marcus have been out, now we’ve still got games left, and I think everyone in the league will start more or less on the same level.
“Maybe they’ve got more motivation to keep going now, as they can see when they’re back they may be on the same level or even a better level physically.
“In a way, they have got an opportunity here to play a bigger part in this season than they had hoped. And they are big players for us, some of the most important players.”
Rashford was in fine form for United before the injury setback and he had netted 19 times in the space of only 31 matches across all competitions.
The England international is due to return to regular training once the season resumes and it remains to be seen whether he can find the same kind of form to achieve the 30-goal mark for the campaign.
Pogba, meanwhile, has had a season to forget with his recurrent ankle problems. While his future is uncertain with the club, he has continued to receive the backing from the manager.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd