Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that winter signing Odion Ighalo will travel with the team for Monday night’s Premier League clash against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
The Nigeria international joined the Red Devils on a temporary basis from Shanghai Shenhua on deadline day and he has since been vigorously working on his fitness, given he was only in his pre-season in China.
Obviously, Ighalo could not travel with the squad to Marbella due to some restrictions related to the Coronavirus epidemic but Solskjaer is confident that the striker should be ready to face the Blues next week.
“Yeah, he is going to travel with us. We will just see his fitness work this week and I think we will get him sharp. We want to integrate him as quickly as we can because, of course, he is desperate to play for us,” he told.
Ighalo could lead the line for the Red Devils at Stamford Bridge and that may see Anthony Martial starting on the left side of the attack, where he can play to his strengths with his quick dribbling skills.
United have beaten the Blues once in the Premier League and League Cup this season and on both occasions, Marcus Rashford has been the leading performer on the field with a brace.
The England international is not expected to make his comeback for the forthcoming game due to his back injury and Ighalo has the chance to end United’s three-match goalless run in the league.
United are currently six points behind Chelsea, who hold the final Champions League spot. They have had a poor league record at Stamford Bridge but have won in their past two Cup meetings at the stadium.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow