Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that both Scott McTominay and Axel Tuanzebe will travel with the first-team squad for the warm-weather training camp in Marbella.
McTominay has been out of action for more than a month due to a knee ligament injury while Tuanzebe has been sidelined for a similar length of time with a hip problem.
Speaking on MUTV, Solskjaer revealed that McTominay has made a quicker recovery than initially predicted and he will join the travelling group alongside Tuanzebe, who has likewise overcome his injury concern.
“Scotty has done better in his recovery than we thought, so we will take him with us. Hopefully he can join in the training sessions and Axel as well, he’ll join in, so that’s two positives and it’s a good chance for them to use this time with the players,” he told.
Meanwhile, a recent report indicated that Paul Pogba could be fit for the Chelsea clash but Solskjaer has hinted that may not be the case with the Frenchman and Marcus Rashford yet to report for training.
“Marcus and Paul are not ready yet to join in the training,” he added.
Manchester United have failed to capitalise on the inconsistent form of the teams in and around them and they are still six points behind Chelsea, who are occupying the final Champions League spot.
They have the opportunity to reduce the gap to the top four to just three points with a victory at Stamford Bridge on February 17 and the fans will be hoping that McTominay can prove his fitness and make the lineup.
Nemanja Matic will most likely vacate the midfield role for McTominay, who had formed an impressive midfield partnership with Fred before his unfortunate injury in the Boxing Day clash against Newcastle United.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow