Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed a fresh injury blow ahead of the Premier League clash against Crystal Palace on Saturday.
The Red Devils have made a good beginning to the season with a win and draw against Chelsea and Wolverhampton Wanderers respectively, and they have the opportunity to continue the unbeaten run against the Eagles this weekend.
For the encounter, Solskjaer will have most of the regulars in contention for the game, barring Eric Bailly, Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Diogo Dalot, who has recently suffered an injury setback.
Speaking to MUTV, the Norwegian tactician confirmed that Dalot has been sidelined with an injury (not specified) and he is unlikely to return to first-team action until after the international break.
“Diogo is injured, he’ll be out for a little while, hopefully he’ll be back for [the games] after the international break. He’s had that problem for a couple of weeks. But that’s it. [The squad is] more or less the same,” he said.
Dalot has not made the matchday squad for the opening two games of the Premier League season and it appears that he was struggling with the injury mentioned by the Red Devils boss.
The Portuguese defender arrived at Old Trafford during the 2018 summer transfer window with plenty of potential but he has not quite made himself a regular in the starting lineup over the past 12 months.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw are regarded as the undisputed choices for the right and left-back positions respectively and Dalot’s prospects of gametime could be limited unless one of the duo struggle to impress.
Meanwhile, Solskjaer did utilise Dalot as a right-sided winger during the backend of last season and that could be a position to hone his skills, once he makes a successful comeback from the present injury.
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns