Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed a fresh injury blow ahead of the Premier League clash against Crystal Palace on Saturday.
The Red Devils have made a good beginning to the season with a win and draw against Chelsea and Wolverhampton Wanderers respectively, and they have the opportunity to continue the unbeaten run against the Eagles this weekend.
For the encounter, Solskjaer will have most of the regulars in contention for the game, barring Eric Bailly, Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Diogo Dalot, who has recently suffered an injury setback.
Speaking to MUTV, the Norwegian tactician confirmed that Dalot has been sidelined with an injury (not specified) and he is unlikely to return to first-team action until after the international break.
“Diogo is injured, he’ll be out for a little while, hopefully he’ll be back for [the games] after the international break. He’s had that problem for a couple of weeks. But that’s it. [The squad is] more or less the same,” he said.
Dalot has not made the matchday squad for the opening two games of the Premier League season and it appears that he was struggling with the injury mentioned by the Red Devils boss.
The Portuguese defender arrived at Old Trafford during the 2018 summer transfer window with plenty of potential but he has not quite made himself a regular in the starting lineup over the past 12 months.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw are regarded as the undisputed choices for the right and left-back positions respectively and Dalot’s prospects of gametime could be limited unless one of the duo struggle to impress.
Meanwhile, Solskjaer did utilise Dalot as a right-sided winger during the backend of last season and that could be a position to hone his skills, once he makes a successful comeback from the present injury.
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m
- Manchester United consider loaning out Mason Greenwood next season