Nottingham Forest plan to pursue a permanent deal for Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson in the summer transfer window, according to The Telegraph.
Henderson joined Forest on a season-long loan last summer and he was hugely impressive for them before picking up a thigh injury at the turn of the year.
The 26-year-old was initially expected to return to action within six weeks but his failure to recover meant that he recently underwent a surgery for the same issue.
Henderson is expected to return in time for United’s pre-season and The Telegraph cite that Forest will attempt to land him on a permanent basis from the Red Devils.
The United graduate is also open to a summer transfer to Steve Cooper’s side, but his situation will reportedly be determined by the future of David de Gea.
Henderson likely to be sold this summer
Henderson rushed through his loan departure last summer. He decided to join the newly-promoted outfit without speaking with manager Erik ten Hag.
The 26-year-old went on to criticise the United management for treating him like a criminal. He said that he wasted 12 months of his club career playing as a back-up.
After such comments, we would be surprised if he has a future at the club. In our opinion, David de Gea could continue as United’s number one with a contract extension close.
Henderson is unlikely to accept a deputy role behind the Spaniard and this could pave the way for his exit. However, United will want a handsome fee for his sale.
The goalkeeper’s current deal expires in June 2025 but there is an option for another 12 months.
Henderson was reportedly valued at £40 million two years ago. With the shot-stopper in the prime of his playing career, United could hold out for a similar figure.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’