Nottingham Forest are working on a deal to sign Anthony Elanga from Manchester United.
The Times report that Forest are ‘keen’ on the forward, who has been told he can leave this summer.
The Red Devils value the Sweden international at around £15 million.
Elanga has also attracted interest from Everton, who have reportedly entered talks with United over a possible deal.
The Toffees tried to bring in the 21-year-old on loan in January, but they failed to get the deal over the line.
Anthony Elanga must head for Man Utd’s exit door
Elanga has good options to leave in the form of Everton and Nottingham Forest.
He starred when Ralf Rangnick was interim manager but has been a peripheral figure under Erik ten Hag.
Elanga made 26 appearances in all competitions, but only seven were from the start.
He did not play a single minute in United’s final 13 league games.
The 21-year-old needs more playing time to develop his game. He cannot be satisfied with late run-outs from the substitutes’ bench.
Everton and Forest need to strengthen their attacking options and signing Elanga will help them add depth to their squad.
From United’s perspective, it is good news that multiple clubs are interested in Elanga.
They must not accept anything less than £15m for the young forward, who already has 12 international caps.
He has shown glimpses of his talent in a Sweden shirt and could be a fine player if he continues his development.
United must consider his potential and should not budge on their asking price.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling