Manchester United graduate Noam Emeran produced an impressive second-half performance during the 2-0 friendly win over Leeds United on Wednesday.
United boss Erik ten Hag went with a mixture of youth and experience in the first half. The fans got to see the first glimpse of Mason Mount after his move from Chelsea.
At the interval, there was a complete reshuffle of the line-up. Ten Hag selected an entire youthful XI, and Emeran took his opportunity to impress the manager.
The 20-year-old opened the scoring in the 67th minute with a first-time shot. He was put through on goal with a cleverly-weighted pass from Isak Hansen-Aarøen.
Nine minutes from time, Joe Hugill doubled United’s lead after an impressive through ball from Emeran.
The Frenchman delivered a lovely defence-splitting pass from the right wing for Hugill, who had the simple task of beating the goalkeeper to make it 2-0.
Aside from his goal contributions, Emeran also completed 88 per cent of his passes while winning an impressive six duels alongside four take-ons.
He was clearly the man of the match after his game-changing display, and will be hoping to be involved again during the next friendly fixture against Lyon.
Emeran is currently not in contention for a first-team berth, but we have seen careers develop from stand-out performances during pre-season games.
If the youngster can deliver another top showing versus Lyon, he could be involved with the first-team squad during their United States tour.
United are scheduled to face Arsenal, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in the US while the reserve players are due to take on Wrexham.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions