According to Fabrizio Romano, Newcastle United are in advanced talks to appoint Manchester United’s Head of Young Recruitment David Harrison as their new Head of Emerging Talent.
Harrison has been in the position at United for the past six years. He has played his part in the signings of Alejandro Garnacho, Alvaro Fernandez among others for the club’s academy.
It is now revealed that the Magpies are in advanced discussions with the 59-year-old. He looks set to work with their first team and will oversee academy signings worldwide.
Magpies set to lure experienced youth scout from United
United have made several marquee signings over the years, but there has been an equal importance given to the academy with many youngsters making the first team grade.
Marcus Rashford is currently the most successful graduate from the academy while Scott McTominay has also been a mainstay in the first team with over 200 appearances thus far.
Garnacho could be the next big-name star from the youth setup after a tremendous start to his senior career. Manager Erik ten Hag will be aiming to work with more emerging talents.
Harrison has been involved in the decision-making in the academy since his move from Manchester City back in 2017 and losing him to the Magpies is undoubtedly a big blow.
The news has definitely come out of the blue and United will now need to begin their search for a new Head of Youth Recruitment with a similar or higher reputation than Harrison.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’