Manchester United need to spend €150 million to sign Napoli striker Victor Osimhen, reports Corriere della Sera.
Red Devils manager Erik ten Hag sees the Nigerian international as ‘the last piece of a dream attack’.
However, Man United will have to pip Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich to the services of the 24-year-old.
Osimhen has bagged 26 goals in 33 games across all competitions for Napoli this term.
The Serie A club are a point away from winning the Italian top-flight title for the first time since 1990.
The Nigerian has been key to their brilliant campaign, and the club deserve top dollar for his services.
Despite being linked with the biggest clubs in Germany and France, a move to England appeals to Osimhen.
The former Lille star has admitted several times he would love to play in the Premier League, handing Man United a boost.
The Red Devils have also been linked with Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane.
However, the England international striker will be 30 in July and is slowly approaching the twilight of his career.
Osimhen is still a few years away from reaching his prime, and Man United will be smart to land him.
Marcus Rashford has boosted them with his goals this term, but they could do with another prolific forward next term.
They are still behind Manchester City in terms of squad quality, and landing Osimhen will help shorten the gap.
The Glazers are unlikely to splash the cash on the Napoli star, but a takeover will boost the club’s chances of getting him.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m