According to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano, Napoli are set to extend Giovanni Di Lorenzo’s contract.
The Manchester United target is said to be close to penning a new one-year extension to his current deal runs out in 2025.
Lorenzo was impressive in the European Championships for the Italy team who defeated England in the final to land the coveted trophy
He started in five matches for the Azzurri and played a key role in their success.
The Italian footballer has been on Napoli’s books since 2019 when he joined them from Empoli in a deal worth around £6.8 million.
He has made 95 appearances for the Serie A side across all competitions, bagging seven goals and 15 assists.
The 27-year-old was recently on United’s radar, as per II Napolista. However, his agent insisted there was nothing concrete with the Red Devils.
United are in the market for a new right-back to provide competition for their first choice Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
They wanted to sign Atletico Madrid’s Kieran Trippier but the two sides couldn’t agree a fee for the 30-year-old.
Napoli value Lorenzo at around £17m, but it appears he will remain in Italy for the foreseeable future.
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham