According to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano, Napoli are set to extend Giovanni Di Lorenzo’s contract.
The Manchester United target is said to be close to penning a new one-year extension to his current deal runs out in 2025.
Lorenzo was impressive in the European Championships for the Italy team who defeated England in the final to land the coveted trophy
He started in five matches for the Azzurri and played a key role in their success.
The Italian footballer has been on Napoli’s books since 2019 when he joined them from Empoli in a deal worth around £6.8 million.
He has made 95 appearances for the Serie A side across all competitions, bagging seven goals and 15 assists.
The 27-year-old was recently on United’s radar, as per II Napolista. However, his agent insisted there was nothing concrete with the Red Devils.
United are in the market for a new right-back to provide competition for their first choice Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
They wanted to sign Atletico Madrid’s Kieran Trippier but the two sides couldn’t agree a fee for the 30-year-old.
Napoli value Lorenzo at around £17m, but it appears he will remain in Italy for the foreseeable future.
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs
- Erik ten Hag wants Cody Gakpo at Manchester United