The headline says it all. It’s more of a roundup of some other news items that weren’t quite so big, but were United news nonetheless.
Nani shone through as a bright spot in Portugal’s 2-1 defeat to hosts Holland in the UEFA U21 Championships. As much as I would have wished, I badly wanted to watch that game but I don’t have access to any of the channels/streams here. (I’d be grateful for any links to streams of the U21 Championships). Anyway, UEFA.com shows highlights on their official site for free, but you couldn’t catch glimpses of Nani in the Holland game.
What you could do is read Henry Winter’s piece on the Telegraph with his thoughts on Nani after watching him in that game. Just that you know, it’s all good stuff about Nani that he’s written. So I repeat, go read it.
Meanwhile, still on the subject of the U21 Championships, Kieran Richardson denies the existence of any bad blood between him and manager Stuart pierce after his (apparently) petulant gesture on being substituted. (Again, I haven’t seen the game so I don’t have much of an opinion here. Hence my use of the word “apparently”) But generally I do have the feeling that Richardson might be in one of those deluded states that he is the most important player in the team. (I know he wouldn’t have dared to think so in United colors, but judging by his work rate when he’s played for us, I don’t find it the whole gesture thing surprising.)
Yes, I don’t like Kieran Richardson and I want him sold at the drop of a hat.
In other relatively less important news, Manutd.com has won The Webbys. Supposedly the most prestigious honor given to websites. The site won the award in the Best Sports website category. Oh yeah, they also thanked the fans for the votes. Nice interesting news, no? 🙂
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest