Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) have urged acceleration of the club’s takeover process amid a third round of bidding.
Back in November last year, the Glazers confirmed that they are exploring strategic alternatives for the club including a full sale.
However, nearly six months on, there has been barely any movement with the Glazers not satisfied with the proposals on the table.
Sheikh Jassim and Sir Jim Ratcliffe are leading the takeover race but neither have met the £6 billion valuation after two rounds of bidding.
Hence, the club will conduct a third round at the end of the month. MUST have now voiced their frustration regarding the same.
In a statement released on their website, they have urged the Glazers to speed up the process ahead of the summer transfer window.
MUST, who are one of the club’s leading fan groups, feel manager Erik ten Hag needs to know what kind of budget he has to spend.
Glazers appear firm on £6 billion valuation
The Glazers may have publicly acknowledged their desire to sell United but they have yet to change their stance over the asking price.
In our view, their decision has probably been triggered by the ongoing takeover of NFL franchise Washington Commanders by Josh Harris group.
The deal will be the most expensive in sports history at £4.8 billion, provided it is approved by three-quarters of NFL ownership.
The Glazers clearly want to capitalise on United’s global popularity and probably feel that £6 billion is a fair value for the most popular sports team.
It is left to be seen whether any of the prospective buyers meet their demands. Else, the Glazers may accept proposals for a minority stake.
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts