Everton have reportedly rejected a bid from Manchester United for full-back Leighton Baines and insist the England international is not for sale at any price.
Questions have been raised over whether new United manager David Moyes will raid his former club of its brightest talents, with Baines and central midfielder Marouane Fellaini both linked with reuniting with Moyes at Old Trafford.
However, the Merseyside outfit are adamant they will not allow one of their prize assets to leave and are not prepared to negotiate with the Premier League champions.
It is understood United have made an approach for the left-back, with reports suggesting their opening bid was between £10million and £12million.
But Everton have no intention of letting Baines go and are thought to be underwhelmed by the offer which is way below what the club believe is the market value for the 27-year-old.
Are you surprised United see such value in an ageing fullback or can Baines enjoy many more years at the top?
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer
- Erik ten Hag heaps special praise on Bruno Fernandes after FA Cup quarter-final win
- David de Gea delivers outstanding performance in FA Cup quarter-final vs Fulham
- Blow for Manchester United as Harry Maguire is ruled out of the FA Cup semi-final
- Marcel Sabitzer believes Manchester United were not handed the FA Cup quarter-final victory on a plate
- Manchester United to play Brighton & Hove Albion in the FA Cup semi-final
- Manchester United 3-1 Fulham: Three talking points as the Red Devils progress to the FA Cup semi-finals after remarkable second-half drama
- Facundo Pellistri reflects on first Manchester United start
- Erik ten Hag doesn’t need Ousmane Dembele despite report