Questions have been raised over whether new United manager David Moyes will raid his former club of its brightest talents, with Baines and central midfielder Marouane Fellaini both linked with reuniting with Moyes at Old Trafford.
However, the Merseyside outfit are adamant they will not allow one of their prize assets to leave and are not prepared to negotiate with the Premier League champions.
It is understood United have made an approach for the left-back, with reports suggesting their opening bid was between £10million and £12million.
But Everton have no intention of letting Baines go and are thought to be underwhelmed by the offer which is way below what the club believe is the market value for the 27-year-old.
Are you surprised United see such value in an ageing fullback or can Baines enjoy many more years at the top?
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley