With United not playing until Monday, Saturday’s papers are reasonably quiet when it comes to Fergie’s men. Furthermore, the shocking news about Stylian Petrov’s condition is the unwanted focus of attention and we all wish the Bulgarian a speedy recovery.
The Mirror reports that Ferguson still has faith in Macheda, despite another disappointing loan spell for the Italian. The 20-year-old has returned to Manchester following an ankle injury that has brought down the curtains on his QPR’s career sooner than expected but Fergie is quoted saying that he “has complete belief in the boy.”
On the same paper, former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson claims that City have made a huge mistake by challenging Fergie at mind games. The Match of the Day pundit points the finger to Mancini’s and Vieira’s behaviour in recent weeks that has seen City lost their cool.
On the Telegraph, Sunderland boss Martin O’Neill offers an interesting view on the title race, claiming that City’s trophy-less past is a much bigger burden than Ferguson’s attempt to “wage psychological warfare”.
City’s problems are not only mental, as their free-flowing football and careless attitude seem to have disappeared, according to Guardian‘s columnist Daniel Taylor. In his piece, Taylor explains how a “relentless United” have chased City and, now that they’ve overtaken them, it’s likely that they won’t look back.
The same paper reports Rio Ferdinand might consider a £175k a-week offer to join an unnamed Chinese club.
Despite City’s recent stutters, the title race will probably go down to the wire and, at least according to the Sun, Michael Owen is the man that could fire United to the title. The former Newcastle man claims that he hopes to be “the ace up Sir Alex’s sleeve”. Quite frankly, while Owen has still goals in him, the Sun must be really desperate for news if they resort to this kind of so-called exclusives.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season