Manchester United have been linked with signing a number of players during this month’s winter transfer window.
As well as players joining the club this month there are also several reports that players could be on their way out of Old Trafford.
One of those is Brazilian under-23 midfielder Andreas Pereira. The youngster is currently out on loan in Spain but has made it clear that he would like a permanent move away from Manchester United.
The 22-year-old made his Premier League debut for us under Louis van Gaal during the 2014-15 campaign and has made five appearances in all for us in the top flight, all under the Dutch manager.
Since Jose Mourinho was appointed, Pereira has found him out on loan in Spain – first with Granada last season where he was one of their better players during his 35 La Liga appearances, and currently at Valencia, who are in a surprise second place currently.
Pereira has previously said in interviews that he is happy to stay with Valencia, with the latest coming after the side’s 4-0 thrashing of Las Palmas in the Copa del Rey on Tuesday.
Speaking after the game, the 22-year-old was quoted by Super Deporte as saying:
“I don’t know, I know they are in Dubai, I think he didn’t watch the match. I’m here and I want to stay, I feel good. I’m playing better and I want to win the cup with Valencia.”
Bigger than that though, from the same Spanish outlet, was that the player appears to have voted on a recent Instagram poll.
The question asked was whether Andreas Pereira should stay at Valencia or move back to Manchester United in January. Hosted on the Super Deporte Instagram account, the below screenshot suggests that the player voted for himself to stay in Spain:
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations