Manchester United are expected to announce the signing of central midfielder Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk later today.
The Brazilian international will become the first signing of the 2018 summer transfer window for the Red Devils.
Jose Mourinho likes to get his business done early and it appears the boss is not settling on just one player this week as it appears we could be making a second too.
Over the past couple of weeks we have been strongly linked with a move for FC Porto’s teenage full-back, Diogo Dalot.
It is understood that the 19-year-old has a €20 million (£17.5m) release clause in his contract at the Estadio do Dragao.
Dalot has been a right-back for the Porto reserves but made a handful of first team appearances at left-back in place of the injured Alex Telles this past season.
Sky Sports understand that Diogo Dalot will undergo a medical at Carrington later this week ahead of a proposed move to Manchester United.
Antonio Valencia turns 33 in August and is our only real out-and-out right-back currently. Victor Lindelof and Phil Jones have both filled in when needed in the past, whilst Matteo Darmian is widely-expected to join Juventus this summer. Youngster Timothy Fosu-Mensah has returned from a season-long loan at Crystal Palace but I wonder if the signing of Dalot means the Dutch defender will be loaned out again next season.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday