Manchester United have issued a fresh statement on the recent controversy surrounding Marcus Rashford.
The Red Devils clarified that the forward has taken ‘responsibility for his actions’. The matter has been ‘dealt with as an internal disciplinary matter, which is now closed’.
The Athletic have confirmed that Rashford is back in training and will be available for their Premier League clash against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Thursday.
The England international reported ill for training on Friday. He subsequently missed United’s 4-2 victory over Newport County in the Emirates FA Cup on Sunday.
However, he was reportedly at a nightclub last week before missing training.
Marcus Rashford avoids repeat of Jadon Sancho’s episode
The 26-year-old has reportedly been fined £650,000 for partying and missing training last week. The fine is equivalent to his two weeks’ wages.
The Red Devils do not wish to dwell further on this matter.
Many fans are angry towards Rashford, but the forward has accepted his mistake and it is time for everyone to move on from this situation.
It could have been very easy for the forward to follow the footsteps of Jadon Sancho, who chose to publicly point fingers towards Erik ten Hag after a fallout.
Sancho didn’t apologise and was loaned out to Borussia Dortmund earlier this month.
Rashford is back in contention, but it remains to be seen if the United manager picks him in the starting XI.
If he comes back in the line-up, Alejandro Garnacho could be switched to the right flank, with Antony dropping back to the bench.
The Man United academy graduate has endured a tough 2023/24 campaign. He has bagged four goals and registered two assists in 26 games across all competitions.
He has shown improvement in the last few games. The Red Devils need Rashford to return to form as soon as possible as they aim to end the season on a high.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow