Manchester United have appointed Matt Hargreaves as their director of football negotiations, reports the Telegraph.
The former Adidas executive replaces Matt Judge, who worked alongside Ed Woodward before leaving in 2022.
Hargreaves has accepted terms with the Red Devils and will resume before the summer transfer window.
He is taking up a key position in player recruitment and has to get plenty of things right.
Hargreaves will be in charge of negotiating deals for Man United, but will work under director of football John Murtough.
The Red Devils recently appointed Andy O’Boyle as his deputy and David Harrison from Everton to oversee operations.
This summer is very crucial for Man United as they look to bolster their squad with the right players.
Erik ten Hag led them to Carabao Cup triumph last month and will also eye Europa League victory.
His side have been drawn against Sevilla in the quarter-final after Real Betis were blown away in the round of 16.
Man United will aim to win the Premier League title next season, and Hargreaves could play a huge role.
He knows the club from his time at Adidas after they returned as the club supplier from 2015-16.
He was their marketing director and his focus was on players and scouting.
The Red Devils want David de Gea, Marcus Rashford and Diogo Dalot to sign new and extended deals.
Hargreaves will be in charge of overseeing talks with their representatives.
His predecessor Judge was a point of contact for agents and was in charge of negotiating transfers.
Hargreaves is expected to take up those responsibilities and Man United need him to hit the ground running.
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns