Manchester United are scheduled to entertain Burnley in Wednesday’s Premier League clash at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils are currently six points behind fourth-placed Chelsea in the standings and they have a brilliant chance to reduce that deficit with a victory against the Clarets.
Sean Dyche’s side have proved a bogey club for United at Old Trafford, in particular and Solskjaer will be aiming to end a run of three draws against the Clarets at the stadium.
David de Gea has played every minute of the club’s Premier League campaign in goal and he is expected to start against the Lancashire outfit. In the defence, Solskjaer will surely revert to a four-man backline. Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw may feature in the right and left-back positions respectively. Harry Maguire could have a new central defensive partner with Victor Lindelof deemed doubtful with an illness. In this case, Eric Bailly could be handed with his maiden appearance of the season alongside the England international.
In the midfield, Nemanja Matic and Fred are the undisputed choices at the moment with Scott McTominay and Paul Pogba still on the sidelines after their respective injury setbacks. Solskjaer, of course, has the option of fielding Andreas Pereira instead of one of the duo but that won’t be the case, particularly after the pair were impressive during the second half of the 2-0 Premier League defeat at Liverpool last weekend.
Further forward, Daniel James and Mason Greenwood are the likely candidates to feature in the wide attacking roles. Juan Mata, who was surprisingly used for just 16 minutes at Anfield, should slot into the number 10 role. The Spaniard has contributed two assists and one goal from the past two starts at Old Trafford and he has the chance to make an impression for the third home game on the bounce. Anthony Martial will definitely start upfront.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin