Manchester United return to Premier League action on Saturday to face Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford in the lunchtime game.
We were in action on Tuesday night, beating Swansea City 2-0 in the EFL Cup with a much-changed lineup from last weekend.
Ahead of tomorrow’s important game, we’ve been handed a massive boost on the injury front as it has been confirmed that Harry Kane has been ruled out with a hamstring injury for Tottenham’s trip.
Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed the news, quoted by the BBC as saying:
“The doctor and medical staff made the decision to not take the risk.”
“There is no sense in taking that risk and making the problem bigger.”
Although there has no been confirmation on the length of time Kane is expected to be sidelined for, the comments suggest it may not be for too long.
The England international had been on fire of late, which included scoring twice in Tottenham’s 4-1 thrashing of Liverpool at Wembley Stadium last weekend.
This will come as a huge boost to our defence as Eric Bailly and Phil Jones have only just recovered from injuries themselves. Spurs have options in Fernando Llorente and Heung-min Son to replace the back-to-back Premier League Golden Boot winner with tomorrow.
We head into tomorrow’s clash in joint-second with Spurs on 20 points, both five points behind current Premier League leaders Manchester City.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m