Manchester United midfielder Mason Mount has the perfect chance to cement a starting role under manager Erik ten Hag following Christian Eriksen’s knee injury.
Mount started the first two games of the Premier League campaign for the Red Devils before picking up an unfortunate hamstring injury.
He has since struggled to nail down a regular role and manager Erik ten Hag recently said that he has to fight to regain his starting berth.
The Englishman has now received an untimely boost with Eriksen on the sidelines for a few weeks.
The Dane picked up a knee problem in the first half against Luton Town and United have confirmed that he will be out of action for a while.
In our view, this could directly benefit Mount as the manager is likely to prefer his creativity over the defensive resolve of Sofyan Amrabat.
Scott McTominay has pretty much earned his spot on the back of Casemiro’s injury. Mount has the chance to do the same in the coming weeks.
The 24-year-old was a specialist attacking midfielder during his time at Chelsea, but he has been asked to play in the number eight role for United.
Mount has yet to adapt to the transition, but he should get an extended run of starts during the festive period where he could recapture his form.
The €60 million-rated star is currently short in confidence, but we believe he is just one strong performance away from finding his feet.
The attacker was one of the best playmakers in the country not so long ago. He has the perfect opportunity to become an undisputed starter at United.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions