England youth international striker Mason Cotcher and Amir Ibragimov are currently having trials at Manchester United, according to the latest edition of the Daily Mail’s Transfer Confidential newsletter.
Cotcher left Sunderland last summer after refusing to sign a contract extension and has been training with different clubs as he looks to secure his next contract.
Scottish Premiership club Rangers have taken a look at the 17-year-old, while he had a trial with Arsenal a few months ago.
Cotcher played some games for the Gunners’ under-18 team, bagging a goal and assist against Crystal Palace in November. He also trained with their first-team squad.
However, he was not offered a deal and will hope to get one at Man United.
The Black Cats academy graduate has been with the Old Trafford club over the past week, coming on as a substitute on Saturday morning as their under-18s secured a 4-0 victory over their Leeds United counterparts.
Ibragimov also featured in the game before he went off to Old Trafford that afternoon to make his debut for the Red Devils’ under-21s in their 4-2 win over Norwich City.
Cotcher scored ten goals for Sunderland’s under-18 side last season as they pushed Manchester City all the way in the under-18 Premier League.
He did not get to make a first-team appearance for the Championship club but was an unused substitute in their win against Shrewsbury Town in the FA Cup in January 2023.
Man United are looking to bolster their squad and could do with a quality forward, but Cotcher is not the finished article and is unlikely to feature for their first team if snapped up this month.
However, he could be a valuable addition to their youth teams and become a top player for the senior team in the future.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow