Manchester United host Charlton Athletic in the Carabao Cup quarter-final tonight.
The Red Devils have won their last seven games in all competitions and should be overwhelming favourites to beat the Addicks at Old Trafford.
Erik ten Hag played a strong side in the FA Cup third round tie versus Everton, but we anticipate plenty of rotation tonight ahead of Manchester derby.
Ten Hag has already confirmed that first-choice goalkeeper David de Gea will be rested. Tom Heaton or new signing Jack Butland could feature tonight.
Heaton looks more likely to start with better preparation. The manager could use Butland off the bench if United have a comfortable lead.
In defence, Aaron Wan-Bissaka should come in for Diogo Dalot at right-back as part of the rotation.
Harry Maguire is expected to start at the heart of the defence and could be partnered by Lisandro Martinez, who has not made the first XI since his return from the World Cup.
Tyrell Malacia looks likely to feature at left-back as Luke Shaw could be given a breather before the derby.
Casemiro and Christian Eriksen are likely to be rested with a view to the City game on January 14. Scott McTominay and Fred are natural replacements for the duo in the centre of the park.
With Bruno Fernandes suspended and Donny van de Beek injured, there could be a full debut for Zidane Iqbal from the number 10 role. The youngster has yet to feature this term but could finally get his chance.
Elsewhere, Anthony Elanga and Alejandro Garnacho are strong candidates to start in the right and left wing positions in case Ten Hag decides to keep Antony and Marcus Rashford on the bench.
Anthony Martial is likely to lead the line again. The Frenchman’s workload needs to be managed amid recent injuries. He could be substituted early in the second half ahead of the derby at home.
How Man Utd are expected to line up vs Charlton
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause