Borussia Monchengladbach striker Marcus Thuram is prepared to reject Newcastle United for a move to Manchester United in January, according to Bild.
The Frenchman has less than six months remaining on his Monchengladbach deal and the Bundesliga outfit are now contemplating over a mid-season sale.
They are ready to accept offers in the region of €12 million and it is reported that United are one of the dream destinations for Thuram ahead of the New Year.
Newcastle United and Aston Villa are also keen on landing his signature, but it is claimed that they should save their bids as they are not lucrative options for him.
Thuram would be a good signing for United
The Frenchman has managed 17 goal contributions for Monchengladbach this term. He was also influential at the World Cup with an assist in the final.
Hence, the 25-year-old is enjoying the form of his life this season and he could be a handy signing for United, considering his impressive attacking statistics.
According to FBref, Thuram has managed the joint-most touches in the penalty box (96) in the Bundesliga this term. Only compatriot Kolo Muani has matched him.
Meanwhile, he has registered 85 progressive passes this campaign with 23 successful take-ons. He is ranked eighth and ninth respectively in those aspects.
Aside from his attacking attributes, he has also caught the eye with his tireless work rate. He is capable of operating as a main striker or from the left wing position.
With a relatively low transfer fee, United should consider signing him in January. It appears a risk-free solution as they would be getting an in-form attacker.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and FBref.com
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out
- Nottingham Forest eager to sign Dean Henderson permanently next summer