Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford will not play any part for England in their upcoming 2024 European Championship qualifying fixtures against Italy and Ukraine.
The 25-year-old was forced off with an injury scare in the final knockings of his side’s win against Fulham at Old Trafford yesterday as United booked their place in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.
“Marcus Rashford has been forced to withdraw from the England squad,” a statement on United’s official website read.
“The Manchester United forward sustained a knock during the 3-1 victory over Fulham in the Emirates FA Cup quarter-final at Old Trafford on Sunday.”
With Rashford now unavailable for the Three Lions, Callum Wilson could be handed a recall to the international scene having been originally left out by Gareth Southgate.
United manager Erik ten Hag will be hoping Rashford’s injury blow doesn’t keep him out for too long off the back of what has been a free-scoring spree for the attacker.
Since the conclusion of the 2022 World Cup in December, Rashford has netted an impressive 19 times across all competitions to take his tally for the season to 27 – five more than his previous personal best.
With United still chasing silverware on three fronts, they will undoubtedly need their leading goalscorer fit firing on all cylinders ahead of what is set to be an enthralling end to the campaign.
Having fallen a whopping 19 points adrift of Arsenal, the Red Devils are out of contention for Premier League glory, but success in the Europa League and the FA Cup is still up for grabs.
United have been drawn against La Liga outfit Sevilla in the quarter-finals of Europe’s second-tier tournament, while an FA Cup last-four clash against Brighton & Hove Albion also awaits after the international break.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’