Manchester United attacker Marcus Rashford has provided a positive update on the squad ahead of the Premier League meeting against Newcastle United next week.
The Red Devils recently saw their fixtures against Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion postponed due to a coronavirus outbreak, but they are expected to face the Magpies as scheduled.
The club will travel to St James Park on December 27. Ahead of the game, Rashford has confirmed the club have almost a full-strength squad at their disposal with only a couple of players missing.
He told Manutd.com: “The lads have been training and today we brought all the rest of the lads back to training – there are only a couple left that will be coming in tomorrow.
“So, we’ve pretty much got the full squad back, which is a positive going into the week.”
Interim boss Ralf Rangnick has opted to reintroduce players to training on a staggered basis after the club’s Carrington Complex was re-opened for training earlier on Tuesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo was one of those missing, but he made his return yesterday.
Jadon Sancho and Juan Mata also reported on Wednesday, but there are doubts over Donny van de Beek, who left after just 10 minutes.
Rangnick could have nearly a fully fit squad against the Magpies. Paul Pogba remains the only likely absentee as he recovers from a thigh problem sustained in France training last month.
United are currently sixth in the standings with 27 points, five behind Arsenal, who are occupying the final Champions League spot. They can leapfrog the Gunners by winning their games in hand.
Things are looking very positive at the moment. There will be a fixture pile-up with the postponed games.
Rangnick will want his players to carry on from where they left off. The club are on a three-match winning league run.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Marko Arnautovic’s agent speaks out on potential Manchester United switch
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs